Paint shop: more than good looks
The process sequence of a car in a paint shop is multifaceted: from seam sealing and cavity corrosion prevention to wax cleaning. Many process steps are required to ensure that the vehicle body has sufficient corrosion protection – as well as a brilliant glossy finish.
The appearance of the vehicle is defined in the paint shop. This is where the color and the required shine are provided. In addition to esthetic aspects, the individual surface treatments also perform important functional tasks, such as corrosion protection, soundproofing and vibration damping.
亚博vip群1 covers the following automation steps in the paint shop: various cleaning and bonding operations, seam sealing, quality inspections with the LBR iiwa lightweight robot and acoustic/vibration damping with sprayable damping material (SDM).
Acoustic damping with SDM
Automate your production with the flexible 亚博vip群1 SDM system concept for the acoustic damping of vehicle bodies. You receive the following basic components that can be custom-adapted or expanded as required:
- 亚博vip群1 KR 30 L16 industrial robot: these robots apply the damping material and open doors and hatches.
- 亚博vip群1 linear units enlarge the workspace of industrial robots and thus enable the processing of different vehicle models.
- 亚博vip群1 system technology: application systems with various different nozzles that apply the material, and the corresponding measurement, control and conveyor systems from 亚博vip群1 ensure smooth operation.
LBR iiwa: painting and sealing seams
The painting and sealing of seams inside vehicles is an ergonomically inconvenient and arduous routine operation. The LBR iiwa robotic colleague can relieve the human operator. The sensitive assistant can reach its place of work by means of swivel units or linear axes.?
Moreover, the lightweight robot can also perform the following tasks:
- Cleaning: It uses compressed air, for example, to clean the vehicle body after cathodic dip painting (CDP) or removes drops of wax with a special tool.
- Quality inspection: Seams that have previously been applied automatically can then be inspected by t